Legal Cashier - Cardiff
Howells is one of Wales’ fastest growing modern law firms with a fresh and forward thinking approach.
We believe that our employees are our greatest asset; therefore we pride ourselves in being able to offer a competitive package including training programmes and schemes aimed at helping you to develop your career.
We are now looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to join our busy Accounts team in our Cardiff city centre office.
Job title: Legal Cashier
Location: Central Cardiff
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Experience of working as a legal cashier
- Experience of covering both client and office cashiering in a law firm
- You must be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
- You will have experience of using a practice management system (e.g. Practice Manager)
- You will have a drive to succeed and provide excellent client service
- You will be a go getter and have a ‘can do’ attitude
In return you will work in a well-established and dedicated team whilst maintaining autonomy. At Howells we pride ourselves on offering staff a good work life balance and excellent career prospects.
- Volume completion pack checking
- Volume data entry processing
- Processing payments (Chaps & Cheques)
- Taking card payments
- Entering bills on ledgers
- Dealing with accounts queries
- Client to office transfers
- Covering other assistants within the finance team
- Daily banking
- Purchase ledger
- Reconciliations for bank accounts
- Admin- emails and queries
- Ad-hoc work for Accounts Manager
Experience in volume conveyancing is preferred but not essential.