Health and Safety
Today there is a huge emphasis on owners and managers of a business to ensure that their staff and the public are protected when entering their business premises.
Today’s claim culture combined with ever-increasing health and safety legislation and regulations, means keeping abreast of staff training and adhering to health and safety rules can be highly daunting.
Implementing the correct Health and Safety policies and procedures is essential in any work place. They are designed to protect anyone who may visit the site of employment, from management staff and employees to visitors and customers. They are intended to outline what is expected of both employers and employees.
Every year, the fines imposed on companies who breach Health and Safety rules increase. Breaches resulting in injury or loss of life result in huge fines and, in worst case scenarios, imprisonment.
Best practice in health and safety helps with:
- Staff Retention;
- Protects the reputation of the business;
- Increases productivity staff wellbeing and profit;
- Protects your workers from the suffering caused by accidents and ill health;
- Positively impacts on sick leave and absence rates;
- Reduces insurance and legal costs.
Health and safety services which support your organisation include:
- Health and Safety Policy development;
- Audit and Inspections;
- Manual Handling Assessments;
- Display Screen Assessments;
- Health and Safety Competent Person;
- Health and Safety and First Aid Training;
- Management Systems (OHSAS 18001) development, implementation, audit and review;
- Workplace Risk Assessments;
- Fire & DSEAR Risk Assessments;
- Air Monitoring and COSHH Assessments;
- Noise – Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Assessments
Howells Can HelpIf you require any more information regarding Employment Law or our Health and Safety service, please call Howells on 0808 178 2773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and get in touch with our expert Employment Solicitors. We look forward to hearing from you.
Send us an enquiry - we will get back to you quickly Enquire Now