Employment Law Solicitors
Your Rights as an EmployeeEmployment law is in place to protect both employees and employers. As employee rights specialists, Howells are here to help guide, support and represent those who have grievances with their employer. The workplace can be fraught with complicated, tangled-up issues. If you feel you’ve been the victim of poor treatment, you deserve to have your voice heard and to receive the correct compensation.
Our experts have the experience, knowledge and skill required to fight your corner. We are a large firm with offices in Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Caerphilly and Talbot Green, yet we provide the personal service of a much smaller company. We strive to get to know you, your situation and your needs thoroughly, ensuring a clear, comfortable service which comprehensively addresses your requirements.
Have My Employee Rights Been Breached?There are many issues which can arise in working life which may be a breach of your employee rights and of employment laws. These issues may include:
If you feel that you have been unfairly dismissed, you have a right to complain to an employment tribunal. There are a great many cases in which unfair dismissals take place. A few of the most common examples include:
- An employer has no fair reason for your dismissal (i.e. your job performance is flawless)
- An employer fails to follow the correct dismissal process
- An employer dismisses you for an illegal reason (i.e. request for maternity leave)
Discrimination in the workplace is absolutely unacceptable. Here at Howells we fight your corner if you have received unfair treatment due to your gender, sexual orientation, family circumstances (pregnancy, civil partnerships etc.), disability, race, ethnic background, religion, nationality or age.
Illegal Working Practices
Employment laws are in place to protect staff from illegal working practices. If your employer is forcing you to work in illegal conditions (from not allowing rest periods to enforcing overtime), this behaviour must be stopped. Speak to our sensitive and experienced team to find out how.
How can Howells Help?To find out more about employment law and fighting for your employee rights in Cardiff, Swansea and Newport, speak with our expert team on 0808 178 2773, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an enquiry form online now.
Meet the Key Individuals
Bethan’s has experience in advising both employers and employees on all aspects of employment law including:
- TUPE transfers
- Sickness absence
- Advising and assisting with disciplinary and grievances procedures
- Discrimination including sex, race and disability
- Dismissals – unfair and constructive
- Settlement Agreements
- Representing clients at the Employment Tribunal
- Redundancy and restructures
- Family friendly issues including maternity, paternity, pregnancy, flexible working
- Experience dealing with Trade Unions.
- Day-to-day HR support for businesses
- Seminars and training sessions
Gemma advises on the full range of employment issues. She has extensive experience advising both employers and employees. She now predominantly advises employees and her areas of particular interest are:
- Employment tribunal litigation
- Unfair dismissal
- Constructive dismissal
- Settlement Agreements
Nayo specialises in advising employers on all aspects of their responsibility to their employees.
- Advice to companies on all manner of employment related issues including drafting contracts, policies, negotiations, H.R. guidance, TUPE issues, disciplinary and grievance procedures and employment tribunal cases.
- Advising individual clients on internal grievance and disciplinary issues, negotiating employee departures, settlement agreements.
- Managing a caseload of litigated employment tribunal cases representing both Claimants and Respondents.
Lucy works within the Employment Department assisting the fee-earners in all aspects of employment law for both commercial and individual clients. Lucy is responsible for liaising with clients, barristers and other legal professionals. She has excellent organisational skills, a courteous manner and enjoys building good relationships with clients and professionals alike.
Lucy graduated from Nottingham Trent University with a degree in Law and recently completed her LPC in Cardiff Law School.
PA to Bethan Southcombe
PA to Bethan Southcombe
Sue is an experienced PA who works within the Employment Department assisting the solicitors and organising the team on a daily basis. Sue is a great asset to the department and over the years has built up an extensive knowledge of employment law.
Sue, along with Lucy, deals with new enquiries and she has a great manner with clients and is professional at all times.
Send us an enquiry - we will get back to you quickly Enquire Now