Slips, Trips and Falls Claim Solicitors in Cardiff, South Wales
There are many times in your life where you may suffer from a trip, slip or fall and simply dismiss it as just ‘one of those things’, well this is not always the case. Where your trip or fall was caused by negligence on the part of another party, you have the legal right to make a claim for compensation.
- In appropriate cases, we operate on a “No Win No Fee” basis
- The personal service of a local company, plus the expert knowledge of a leading firm
- Your slip/trip/fall claim will be handled by your own dedicated solicitor
- If required, we offer home and hospital visits
- Call 02920 40 40 20 now
- To contact us outside of office hours (weekdays, 8.30am -5pm), please phone or text us on 07425 620 587
Types of Public Liability Claims (Trips, Slips and Falls)Slips, trips and falls claims can occur anywhere that is classed as a public place, please see the list below for a small number of examples where public liability claims can exist.
- Injuries on public paths can occur from dangerously uneven paths / pavements, pot holes, loose stonework etc.
- If a staircase / steps are hazardous or have loose/ unsafe railings which lead to an injury, you may be eligible to make a pubic liability claim.
- Public places need to ensure that they have a safe premises for public use, various places include; shops, supermarkets, pubs, nightclubs, restaurants, car parks, hotels, theme parks, experience days, theatres, colleges, universities, schools, playgrounds, etc.
Howells – the only choice for Slips, Trips and Falls ClaimsAlthough a slip, trip or falls sounds like a regular and rather trivial incident, such accidents are frequently serious and can have a lasting impact on an individual’s life, with injuries which can be long lasting and debilitating. If you have been injured and it was not your fault it can affect your job, lifestyle, ability to play sports, driving etc. Making a claim can somewhat financially compensate you for the issues you have suffered. Also making a claim often rectifies the initial defect where you have slipped, safeguarding the area from further injuries.
Howells should be your first choice of solicitors to deal with slips, trips and falls claims;
- Specialist and experienced solicitors with an excellent track record of successful claims.
- We will visit you at home, in hospital or at your workplace to discuss your claim.
- We maintain a friendly and sympathetic approach.
- We assign a personal point of contact to keep you fully informed at every stage.
- We will settle your case as quickly as possible.
- We fight for the highest possible amount of compensation.
- In the unlikely event that the case is lost you do not pay a penny.
Slips, Trips and Falls (Public / Occupiers Liability) ClaimsClient was a primary school pupil who had been playing in an Eco House, situated in the school grounds. The ramp leading from the Eco House was wet. As the client walked down the ramp he slipped, sustaining a fracture of the femur.
Damages awarded: £15,000.00
Our client was shopping in a supermarket, as she approached the check-out area, suddenly without any warning she slipped on the floor. Our client twisted on her left knee and then landed on the floor. As our client looked down she could see that there were a number of grapes on the floor that had been squashed with a trail showing the area of slip. Our client noticed that there was also grape residue on her right shoe. The claimant suffered a soft tissue sprain to the left knee which required an MRI scan, a soft tissue injury to the left wrist which resolved 12 months from the date of the accident, along with an exacerbation of osteo-arthritis to the left middle finger by 3 months.
Damages awarded: £6,050.13
Client suffered a fall when she slipped on a piece of fruit in the freezer aisle of a supermarket. The client suffered soft tissue injuries to her shoulder, wrist and knee, requiring physiotherapy.
Damages awarded: £3,000.00
Our client was partaking in an early morning jog when he was suddenly and without warning bitten by an Alsatian police dog on his right leg below the curvature of his right buttock cheek. The two police dogs were on an early training exercise and were off the lead running out of the control of the police officer. Our client did not approach the dogs or do anything to provoke the attack.
Our client did not want to attend a medical appointment and as such accepted an early offer of £1000.00 to settle the claim.
To speak to an experienced and specialist solicitor regarding slips, trips and falls compensation, contact Howells today.
Phone: 02920 40 40 20 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgView our latest Personal injury News >
If you need to make an urgent enquiry outside of office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm) please leave a voicemail or text on 07425620587, and we will contact you to discuss your claim as soon as possible.
Send us an enquiry - we will get back to you quickly Enquire Now