Expert Commercial Lease Solicitors
Howells Commercial Property Team deals with all aspects of landlord and tenant law, acting for clients in the public and private sectors both local to South Wales and nationally.
Our solicitors have the experience to provide practical advice in relation to all aspects of commercial leases.
The work we handle includes:
- granting and negotiating leases;
- advice regarding assignments, sub-letting, underlettings and alterations;
- rent deposit deeds;
- advice on rent reviews;
- advice on service charges;
- lease renewals; and
- lease variations.
By working alongside our other specialist departments we are well equipped to advise you on any planning, construction, litigation or environmental issue.
Jargon-free legal advice from a specialist in commercial leasesThe Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has produced a Code for Leasing Business Premises in England and Wales. The Code which is endorsed by both government and leading organisations in the property sector representing both owners and occupiers aims to encourage fairness in commercial leases and promote transparency and flexibility in the property market.
We adopt the RICS Code when granting or negotiating new commercial leases to ensure that the lease is fair and not one sided. Without specialist guidance from a commercial solicitor the lease you are about to enter into may be particularly onerous.
We ensure that you gain a better appreciation of the range of terms that you are able to negotiate and to raise awareness to issues you may not have considered relevant to your business.
We can help you with decisions on issues such as:
- The length of term. How long do you want the commercial lease to last?
- Repair. What state of repair and condition does the property have to be kept in?
- Rent reviews. How is the rent to be reviewed and how often?
- Break clauses. Will the landlord or tenant be able to bring the lease to an end before the term ends?
- Assignment and Sub-letting. Will the tenant be allowed to sell or sub-let the property if needed?
To find out how Howells Solicitors can help you and your business please contact our commercial property team on 02920 404027, email us at email@example.com or you can fill in our online enquiry form and we will be in touch.
Send us an enquiry - we will get back to you quickly Enquire Now
Howells Solicitors Can Help?
I'm Looking For...
Meet The Team
Rhidian HobbsContact Details:
Direct Dial: 02920 404027
Mark HobbsContact Details:
Direct Dial: 02920 404033
Philip HowellContact Details:
Direct Dial: 01792 657479
Alun RosserContact Details:
Direct Dial: 01656 477477 or 01656 641060
Stephen HiscocksContact Details:
Direct Dial: 02920 404027